Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shoot Out Weekend in Santee SC - $150 total cost

Here we go again! Another weekend get-away trip just for us, portrait photographers.
Santee, SC is just a bleep on the map, and about 2.5 hours from Charlotte. This is not meant to be a fancy vacation, but rather a weekend of like-minded photographers working together and having a little fun. I have a few favors "owed" to me at this hotel, so I am able to offer this Meetup at a pretty affordable rate.
I've been discussing this a little on the ideas thread and for those of you who already know what it's all about, and have been pestering me to schedule it, I hope to see your RSVP's first. Ok, I'm just teasing a few insiders! (You know who you are.....Larry.... oh, did I say that out loud again?!? :)
OK, on the serious side, this will be two days packed full of photographic fun. It is open to everyone, no matter what your skill levels are. We will begin shooting on Saturday morning in a very little historical southern town, called Elloree, at about 9:30 Saturday morning, and we will be finishing up around dinner time Sunday evening.
I have arranged for the hotel restaurant to provide us with lunch and dinner on Saturday, and a hot breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday too. That's 5 meals in the price of this Meetup! I have also included your room, with 2 double beds (so bring who you like), and a little portrait photographer's party Saturday night in the lounge (with one complimentary house drink or beer). If you wish to bring a friend or spouse the additional cost is $50, to include them in the meals and portrait party.
As for the photography for the weekend:
The last time we did one of these trips, I had several models lined up and more than enough "shooting" time for anyone to feel as though they "got their money's worth". I plan to do the same for this trip (although we won't be at the beach :(
It is still cold so I wanted to line up a location that we could have free access for both days to an open area for shooting. We will have access to the hotel's 200+ capacity banquet room, and have several background and lighting areas set-up. There will also be an "editing cafe" for you to plug in your computer and work in Photoshop or Lightroom as you please. I will have one or two extra computers set-up, with PS & LR installed as well. This is for any of you that work on a desk top and can not bring your computer with you. The hotel does have wi-fi. It also has mini frigs, microwaves, and coffee pots in the rooms. It is located directly off of I95, but there is not much else located around the area, not that I am anticipating going anywhere else.
My plans are to line up models, some "pros" and some not, make-up artist (for some added fun), a family black-n-white relationship portrait session, dancers, and hopefully a little light painting Saturday night for some added fun. We will be having dinner at 6:00pm Sunday and a small portrait contest, with prizes (if you wish to enter), and hope to be finished by 8:00pm.
The hotel check-in on Saturday is at 2:00pm, so we will shoot and then have lunch and break for check-in. Check-out is at 12:00 on Sunday, however, if you are bringing family and need earlier or later times on these please contact me through email, so I can give you the added cost.
The cost of this trip is $150, per photographic person, and $50 extra for "non-photographic" people (please let me know if there are children because I will discuss that with you separately). I need $75 deposit from you now (RSVP to this Meetup) to reserve your spot, and RSVPs will be limited, and the other $75 by Feb. 12th. plus any added attendees will need to be paid by the 12th (this is for the catering part of the event). I will send you a separate invoice for any added family members. In order to RSVP, all you need to do is pay the $75 now.
I will work diligently to get sponsors and some great prizes for this event, and maybe a "special" speaker. You surely don't want to miss out on this chance to have fun, while practicing your photography, with a great group of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment